Friday, July 9, 2010

Alive and well....

Almost there...

Out about on my bike today with the rest of the gang. Zach, Adam, Emily and Kirk (who was very generous in letting us stay here) went to the course today to check it out. 5 minutes in, it was easy to see why I was really enjoying myself, it's the EXACT same as the don valley trail system, just...well..different in it's own westernly ways. Did one lap with Adam, Emily and Kirk then went for a tasty coffee just up the street (this is a definite perk of having a venue in the middle of the city). Zach and I were still ironing out our legs from our long drive so we hit the trail for two more laps and went a bit harder and draining our bottles super fast. It was hot today and the punchy steep few climbs are making me very happy that I added bar ends before I came out here.

Adam trying to sneak attack pictures of people.

Going to take a whole bunch of pictures tomorrow to give you guys and gals back east a taste of this west coast Don feel.

The entire prairies summed up in one photo

Training wise I think this race could go very well considering my recent time off the bike. Heartrate was a little high today but that was expected, all in all. Going to be a great warm up for Nats.



"Did you get all the beer?" - Adam Morka

No comments:

Post a Comment