Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back in the swing of things...........sort of

As "fun" as it was napping, doing other workouts and not riding over the past week, I have been absolutely itching to start turning pedals over again. I'm happy to say that I was able to ride yesterday for the first time since my accident (indoors of course). My trainer provided by The Trek Bicycle Store Toronto has saved my season start date. Yesterday I tried it out and did an hour and a half just to see how my shoulder would feel. I gotta say it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

With my test session out of the way and successful, I'm able to get right back in to my routine that I had before. Granted, those longer days aren't going to be nearly as entertaining as they had been the previous couple weeks but whatever, I'm just happy to ride again. Pulled off just over 3 and a half hours today before my bottles emptied. As much as I wanted to make it to 4 hours, once you get off after that long there's no getting back on again, let's face it. I'll see how my week pans out but it feels good to know that my fitness won't suffer immensely while I recover from this...annoyance. Things are looking good in the recovery department though, my follow-up appointment on the 10th of February will be when I find out about riding outside again! Awesome.


Me training and my "confines" for the next little while. Could be worse. Could be in Toronto.

See you on the trails...soon

1 comment:

  1. We just had an extreme cold weather alert. I'm jelous.

    ReplyDelete