Monday, January 4, 2010

“This machine stoled my moneys and no one wants to be responsible”






Southern accent grammar errors for the win. This beauty of a quote was scrawled all over a water jug refill machine outside the Albertson’s I went shopping at yesterday. Purchased many many delicious vegetables but was a little disappointed with their lack of organics. I seem to be smack dab in the middle of anything a cyclist could ask for, there are 3 or 4 grocery stores within a few miles, 2 or 3 coffee shops and in about 25 minutes, I can get to mile zero of Mt Lemmon.

Ride today was great, 4 hours, got out a little earlier than I had been which was a huge help because it’s a few degrees cooler than the middle of the day so I didn’t end up going through my bottles as fast. Started it off by riding to Saguaro National Park and doing 3 loops there. This place is incredible, its a protected nature preserve with a one-way 8 mile loop that gives you some small rolling hills, insane views and a 2 mile climb closer to the end. I was even lucky enough to see some wildlife there! I would like to brag and say that the snake was a lot bigger than it looks in the picture but it was pretty small and not that exciting, it didn't even move (that’s what she said). After that I explored some roads just outside of Tucson, I finishing up my ride by doing the first 5 miles of Mt Lemmon. When I started the climb, I was at mile 60 of my ride and it was crazy windy so once i killed my last bottle I just called it quits and headed to the coffee shop. Pretty cool place called “Le Buzz” that serves some delicious looking pastries and seems to pretty popular with the cycling crowd. Sat and enjoyed their free wireless signal, an americano and the rest of my trail mix before heading back home. The wind at the end took it right out of me so when I got home I ate a huge spinach salad and fell asleep on the couch for half an hour.

Right now I’m slammin’ back an Arizona Arnold Palmer Lite (half iced tea, half lemonade) and planning on what to eat for dinner. Last night was roasted sweet potato, steamed broccoli and asparagus with spinach salad. Tonight I’m thinking some type of pasta but we’ll see. After dinner it’s daily yoga time and then probably a movie.

I would also like to draw the attention of all you UCI registered cyclists. This video highlights a problem that is becoming all to familiar. We need to stop looking so awesome before this ruins our sport. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uS37-oPMPc

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment