Sunday, January 10, 2010

woah...that was fun.





Big miles today. Felt like I was on celebrity watch. Rode by fellow Gary Fisher/Trek enthusiast Sam Schultz, as well as two Garmin-Slipstream boys (one who was wearing a US national champion jersey, Danny Summerhill?) Not sure either way, but was cool to watch them ride for a bit before our routes took us different ways. First half of the ride was very cadence oriented and was taken very easily. Tried to hover around 100rpm as often as possible. Took more of a "whatever" approach to the second half but after my Starbucks stop around mile 65 I was able to gear up enough to test the legs a little more and felt pretty good considering how long I had been in the saddle. The tan is coming along very well in case anyone was wondering, although it was a bit cloudy today but that probably played to my advantage with beverage consumption.

On another note, I saw tons of wildlife today...sort of. I saw a javelina on the side of the road (kind of like a boar) but it was dead, so I don't think that really counts. A huge fox sauntered across the road about 20 feet in front of me which was really cool, and I also saw a dead owl. The owl looked like it had died of natural causes though (the only reason I say that was because it was on the sidewalk under a tree and didn't look like it had been exploded by a car), so it was still kind of cool to see.

All in all took me just under 5 hours and was a ton of fun. Definitely going to do that route again soon. Check back later for more updates. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah? Well I slept in and then ate a bunch of meat for lunch BUT... I did go Toboganning (a real Canadian sport, unlike this tricycle racing stuff you're doing)and then had a big 'ole hot chocolate. I saw a lot of people wearing coats and toques and I'll bet at least 65% of them were celebraties

    ReplyDelete
  2. His name is Pat, he's a real cool guy
    his absence makes all the children cry
    He left to ride his bike most everyday
    In the sunny state of Californ-I-A
    He doesn't like raps, but thats too bad
    I found his blog, so now I'm glad

    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete